Friday, July 25, 2014

Photographs of a Tarantula.

These are photographs of a Tarantula I shot a few weeks ago.  My co-worker knows that I like to take photographs of animals.  Over the fourth of July weekend she offered to bring me back anything unusual she found at her parents ranch.  She called Sunday and said she had found a Tarantula Spider for me.

The first photograph is my hand holding the Tarantula.  These arachnids are mostly gentle and wont bite unless you really harass them.  
Tarantula in hand on white backgroun
Tarantula in hand.
I decided I wanted to get some shots of the spider crawling on a branch.  I grabbed a branch from the yard and set it up so that the Tarantula was crawling on it.



Tarantula Spider
In the end I wanted to do some stock type shots as well.  I couldn't think of anything except using some toy blocks to spell the word spider and have the Tarantula crawl on it.  These eight legged arachnids are pretty slow moving and calm so it wasn't hard to get a few photographs of the Tarantula.

Tarantula on blocks



No comments:

Post a Comment